Reimagine End of Life works by empowering community members and organizations to host or participate in new events.
What types of events can I host?
We collaborate with local individuals and organizations to program events from a variety of perspectives in the fields of arts and entertainment; spirituality and religion; healthcare and social services; and design and innovation.
You can host almost any kind of event you can dream up! It must help spark a more conscious conversation about end of life, and align with our values of inclusivity, diversity, and accessibility. In addition, we encourage interdisciplinary experiences. But the content, format, and location for the event are up to you.
Event types: workshops, concerts, art exhibits, conversations, rituals, film, performances, talks, games, comedy, dance, meditations, theater, end of life planning, food, storytelling, etc.
Venue examples: theaters, parks, galleries, cemeteries, offices, houses of worship, hospitals, homes, community centers, senior centers, restaurants, etc.
Check out events from past Reimagine festivals for inspiration:
What is the timeline?
Our upcoming festivals are:
- San Francisco: Oct. 24 - Nov. 3, 2019
- New York City: Spring 2020 (dates TBA)
- Additional cities in the near future!
Below are the high-level timeline and steps for the SF festival this October. More detailed process information and resources will be shared soon with people who express interest in becoming a collaborator!
- Today: Join our collaborator mailing list by filling out the interest form here.
- By June 2: Submit a proposal for your event or project. You will also have the option of applying for a mini-grant ($100-500) to support the creation of your event! Application will be live on the website in early April.
- June 7: Receive notification about your event proposal acceptance.
- June 17: Receive notification about mini-grant awards.
- July 17: Finalize all of your event and ticketing information for inclusion on the website.
How do we work together?
What Reimagine expects of collaborators:
Reimagine is a small (but mighty) team, and we depend on collaborators to be self-directed and resourceful to turn their event into a reality. You’re expected to produce all aspects of your event and promote it.
What collaborators can expect from Reimagine:
Reimagine amplifies your individual efforts through...
- our robust support processes and customized technologies
- inclusion in our festival programming, ticketing, and marketing
- an amazing interdisciplinary community of collaborators
As a Reimagine collaborator, you'll have an opportunity to get curious and creative; grow your skills as an event producer; gain new audience; and forge new relationships.